Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Failed to register ASP.NET client scripts on this site

I just tried to install an EPiServer 4.62 site on my new development machine, when I came across this error: "Failed to register ASP.NET client scripts on this site".

It turns out that this error message occurs when you have installed other .NET Frameworks (i.e. 3.0 and 3.5) where aspnet_regiis.exe does not exist. The fix for this is to temporarily move folder(s) from "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\" and retry installation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post, I tried to use a regiis but that didnt solve the problem, just moving the .net 3.0 and 3.5 folders solved the whole thing

MÃ¥rten Holm said...

Moving the folders did not solve this for me. But coping aspnet_regiis and webengine.dll from 2.0 folder to 3.0 and 3.5 solved it