Thursday, May 1, 2008

April was a big month

Well here is my first post about "Life and Other Stuff". Today is the first of May and I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on what a great month April has been for me personally.

On the 5th of April I competed in my first Half Iron Man triathlon. This consists of a 2km sea swim, a 90km solo bike ride, and a half marathon. This was a special day and marked the culmination of a lot of hard work. I started training around Christmas with the initial goal of completing the event in under 5h:30m.

I finished 13th in the open men's competition in a time of 4h:51m:48s. In the process I swam the fastest I have ever swam for 2km, biked faster over 90km than ever, and after all that ran my first half marathon. A big thanks to all my friends and family, I definitely could not have done it without your support.

Over the next two weekends, dad and I rode two 100km+ road races in the South Island which was a lot of fun.

This month starts with my first 12hour Adventure Race in the Coromandel, with my girlfriend. Should be fun :s

No comments: