Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"sitedefinitiontemplate.wsp" has an unsupported extension, and cannot be added to the solution store.

I came across this problem when I was using STSADM to add my solution to SharePoint.
I used the command stsadm.exe -o addsolution -name sitedefinitiontemplate.WSP and couldn't figure out what was wrong?

It turns out that stsadm doesn't recognise the capitalised .WSP, when I used stsadm.exe -o addsolution -name sitedefinitiontemplate.wsp the "opperation completed sucessfully"

3 comments:

Swati Jain said...

Hi,

Can u tell m e how to call a JavaScript function on click of button on infopath form
with any example or url

Anonymous said...

That's rock-n-roll! I sat here trying this 101 ways and then found your simple solution. What a terrible stupid Jr programmer problem to have! Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tip, thank you!